|< Retour à la liste des offres d'emploi|
Lycée Condorcet de Sydney
Secondaire : Français
Description du poste :
Full – time Teacher of French as language of school Primary / Secondary (Professeur(e) de FLSCO en Primaire et en Secondaire)
Lycée Condorcet-The International French School of Sydney is an independent, co-educational school in Maroubra which caters to students from « Maternelle » to Year 12 and follows the French curriculum.
Approved by the French Education Ministry and the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA), the school is looking for 2 full time Teachers of French as language of school (or FLSCO in French):
- One position will be based in Primary and will focus on students from Maternelle (3yo to 5yo) to 5th grade; starting date 06 April 2020
- The second position will be based in Secondary and expected to focus on students from year 6 to year 12; starting date 19 August 2020
As part of the pedagogical team, the ideal candidate will:
• Raise awareness among teachers about FLSCO teaching-related issues to ensure better integration of non-French-speaking students in the classes
• Suggest learning tools to teachers for non-French-speaking students: diagnostic, remedial plan, differentiation, DELF exam preparation
• Participate in or carry out the assessments of some of the new students
• Organise FLSCO training sessions for teachers
• Help teachers to draw up a list of all students who speak zero or little French
• Help teachers to implement PPRE (Programme personnalisé de réussite éducative) and support teachers during family meetings
• Organise consultation meetings with the pedagogical teams to coordinate the FLSCO action within the school
The Teacher of French as language of school in Primary or Secondary will also be required to:
• Train teachers
• Teach to non-French-Speaking students both in and out of a class setting.
• Work along with the pedagogical teams as a resource person on implementable learning environment adaptations.
• Ensure the continuity of French study outside class lessons
• Participate in primary or/and secondary schools’ meetings
• Keep an updated overview of the FLSCO situation at the school
Profil du (de la) candidat(e) :
Required skills for both positions:
• Priority will be given to a teacher from the French Ministry of Education or
• French literature teacher or DAEFLE equivalent or FLE university degree
• At least 3 years of teaching experience and a significant experience in teaching French to allophone students
• Candidate whose native language is French or who have a perfect command of French and knowledge of the MENJ curricula
• C1 English level
• Good command of IT tools (interactive whiteboards, tablets…)
• Significant experience in differentiated instruction
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills, good ability to listen
• Ability to teamwork with the other members of the educational community
• Have a Working With Children Check
• Be accredited with NESA
• Full working rights
Conditions matérielles de recrutement :
Between $79,964 and $99,219 (yearly gross), as per the Multi Enterprise Agreement 2017 (Teachers).
o Due to the nature of the role, there will be no teaching hours, which will be spent providing support classroom teachers, working with particular students, analysing the school’s need in Primary or Secondary, providing solution to answer school’s needs….
o These no teaching hours will not be included in your face-to-face teaching hours and will be based on the number of hours of a non-teaching position.
o The timetable will be discussed with the selected candidate and the Primary Director or the Deputy Principal (depending on the position) on regular basis and based on the school’s needs and priority.
o The school expect a flexibility from the teacher of French as language of school
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for these positions.
Applications (cover letter, CV, 2 inspection reports and 2 recent reference letters) should be sent quoting reference FLSCO-2001 before 20 February 2020.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Pièces à joindre au dossier :
CV ou I-Prof
Lettre de motivation
Rapports d'inspection/CR rendez-vous de carrière/rapport de visite
Lettres de recommandation
Copie des diplômes
Prise de fonction le 13/08/2020
Date de fin de l'offre 20/02/2020
Poste vacant (PV)
Contrat local - Temps complet
Votre avis nous intéresse !